Legal Aid remains open at this critical time for our clients:
We want our clients, potential clients and partners to know we are here, and ready, whenever they need us.
During times of disaster the vulnerable populations we serve—the poor, the elderly, the disabled —are impacted first and hardest. We understand this and have a dedicated staff committed to meeting the needs of our clients. If you know someone who needs legal help, please refer them to 1-800-238-1443.
- We are open for business. We’ve taken several proactive measures to address the challenges that COVID-19 brings and avoid any disruption to our services. Please reach out to your local Legal Aid office with questions and concerns. Callers will be able to leave a message and receive a call from an intake specialist or attorney within 48 hours.
- We are changing the format of our legal clinics. All legal clinics are being conducted by phone. Please check here for an updated listing of LAS Legal Clinics. Callers can expect to speak with an intake specialist and an attorney over the phone during the designated clinic times.
- We are available for alternative forms of community outreach. Although our in-person community outreach is currently suspended -in the wake of COVID-19, we will use technology to continue our work through legal clinics in your communities. If you are interested in hosting one of the following types of clinics, please contact Derria Ford (615) 780-7134 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hosting a “Phone-a- Lawyer” clinic. LAS would arrange a time where your clients would have the opportunity to speak to an attorney who could assist them with their legal issues.
- Video clinic with the use of Zoom.
DarKenya W. Waller