Renters and Home Owners
Our easy to read booklets tell you about:
- your legal rights and
- legal problems you can solve yourself.
Some of these brochures are about cases we take. Some are about cases we don’t take. We only take legal problems that you yourself can’t go to jail for. If you have a criminal case, you need to call the Public Defender’s office. To see the kinds of cases we take, click HERE.
We take as many cases as we can. We are sorry we don’t have enough lawyers for everyone. What if we can’t take your case? We still may be able to give you one-time legal advice. Or tell you where else you can get help. We also have booklets on this website. They may help you with your legal problem.
Want to find legal help? Click on a booklet name to find out more.
You can read the information or print it.
- Ready to Rent?
- Can you get free legal help to keep your home?» Are you behind on your house payment?
- Getting, erasing or correcting your criminal record
- Getting rid of bed bugs
- How to testify in court
- How to testify virtually for court
- Renter’s Insurance
- Repairs and Remodels (COMING SOON)
- Security Deposits
Check out these 2 brochures about reasonable accommodations under the Fair Housing Act.
- Do You Need Reasonable Accommodation For Your Assistance Or Emotional Support Animal?
- How Does The Fair Housing Act Protect You?
We have 2 brochures about your rights and duties as a renter.
If you live in Anderson, Blount, Bradley, Davidson, Hamilton, Knox, Madison, Maury, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sevier, Shelby, Sullivan, Sumner, Washington, Williamson or Wilson counties, read this booklet:
» Renter’s Rights (URLTA) (COMING SOON)
» Renter’s Rights (URLTA) Spanish (COMING SOON)
If you live in any other Tennessee county, read this one:
» Rural Renter’s Rights (COMING SOON)