Our easy to read booklets tell you about:
- your legal rights and
- legal problems you can solve yourself.
Some of these brochures are about cases we take. Some are about cases we don’t take. We only take legal problems that you yourself can’t go to jail for. If you have a criminal case, you need to call the Public Defender’s office.
We take as many cases as we can. We are sorry we don’t have enough lawyers for everyone. What if we can’t take your case? We still may be able to give you one-time legal advice. Or tell you where else you can get help. We also have booklets on this website. They may help you with your legal problem. To see a list of all the booklets,click HERE or in the list on the left.
Want to find legal help? Click on the name of a booklet.
- Bill Collectors(COMING SOON)
- Buying a used car (COMING SOON)
- Child Support – (manutención infantil – En Español)
- Garnishment (COMING SOON)
- Garnishment (En Español) (COMING SOON)
- Food Stamps
- Getting, erasing or correcting your criminal record
- How to testify in court
- How to testify virtually for court
- Making money decisions for someone
- No lawyer? Speak for yourself in General Sessions Court (COMING SOON)
- Paying for a nursing home
- Save on your phone bill (COMING SOON)
- School fees
- Social Security Over-payment (COMING SOON)
- SSI – Extra Help for Kids (COMING SOON)
- Turned down for disability pay?(COMING SOON)
- Unemployment (COMING SOON)
- Unemployment (En Español)(COMING SOON)
- Unemployed because of military move (COMING SOON)
- Unemployed because of military move (En Español) (COMING SOON)
- Wills(COMING SOON)