Are You Being Hurt By Someone You Love?
You are not to blame.
You did not “ask for it.”
You do not deserve to be hurt.
You have the right to be safe.
There is help.
Our easy to read Legal Help booklets tell you about:
• your legal rights and
• legal problems you can solve yourself
Some of these booklets are about cases we take. Some are about cases we don’t take. We only take legal problems that you yourself can’t go to jail for.
If you have a criminal case, you need to call the Public Defender’s office.
We take as many cases as we can. We are sorry we don’t have enough lawyers for everyone. What if we can’t take your case? We still may be able to give you one-time legal advice. Or tell you where else you can get help. We also have booklets on this website. They may help you with your legal problem.
Click on the name of the booklet you want to read. To see the booklet in Spanish, click on “en Español.”
- What Is An Order of Protection and How To Get An Order of Protection
- What Happens After I File A Petition For An Order of Protection
- What Happens After You Get An Order Of Protection
- How to Use Your TN Order of Protection When You Are Out of the State
- How to Use An Out of State Orders of Protection in Tennessee
- 15 Signs Someone Might Be Dangerous
- How to testify in court
- How to testify virtually for court
- Do You Need a Safety Plan?
- Do You Need a Parenting Plan?
- Do You Have an Issue with Child Support?