Are You Being Hurt By Someone You Love?
You are not to blame.
You did not “ask for it.”
You do not deserve to be hurt.
You have the right to be safe.
There is help.
Our easy to read Legal Help booklets tell you about:
• your legal rights and
• legal problems you can solve yourself
Some of these booklets are about cases we take. Some are about cases we don’t take. We only take legal problems that you yourself can’t go to jail for.
If you have a criminal case, you need to call the Public Defender’s office.
We take as many cases as we can. We are sorry we don’t have enough lawyers for everyone. What if we can’t take your case? We still may be able to give you one-time legal advice. Or tell you where else you can get help. We also have booklets on this website. They may help you with your legal problem.
Click on the name of the booklet you want to read.
- Do You Have an Order of Protection But Don’t Know What To Do Next? – Después que se obtiene una Orden de protección
- How To Get An Order Of Protection
- What Happens After I File An Petition
- What Happens After You Get An Order Of Protection
- Staying Safe with an Order of Protection
- 15 Signs Someone Might Be Dangerous
- How to testify in court
- How to testify virtually for court
- Do You Need a Safety Plan? – (Preparar un Plan de Seguridad En Español)
- Do You Need a Parenting Plan?
- Top 5 Things to Know If You Are Experiencing Abuse During COVID-19
- Do You Have an Issue with Child Support? – (manutención infantil – En Español)
- How to Use Your TN Order of Protection When You Are Out of the State
- How to Use An Out of State Orders of Protection in Tennessee