The Eviction Right to Counsel (ERTC) program provides free legal services and education to low-income Nashvillians facing eviction. The ERTC program seeks to reduce evictions and increase housing equity in Nashville. Services range from legal advice and advocacy to full representation in court.
The ERTC program is a two-year pilot program funded by the Metro Nashville City Council. The program is a collaboration between Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee and the Cumberlands, Conexión Américas, and the Nashville Hispanic Bar Association.
If you are experiencing any of these problems, call us directly at 833-837-HOME and leave a message about your problem. You will need to leave your name, birthday, and phone number. We will call you back as soon as we can. If you have a court date, please say that date when you leave a message.
We can help you if you are experiencing problems like:
- You are being evicted
- Your landlord locked you out of your home or cut off your utilities
- You received a notice on your door saying you have to leave your home
- You are in danger of losing your Section 8 Voucher or your income-based housing
- Your landlord has treated you differently based on your race, gender, color, religion, home country, or disability, or because you have kids
- You are a person with a disability and are having problems with your housing
Know Your Rights!
Check out our educational resources below to learn about your rights as a renter.
- Are You Being Evicted?
- Spanish: ¿ESTÁ SIENDO DESALOJADO?
- Can My Landlord Evict Me for Requesting Repairs?
- Can I Rent An Apartment If I Am Not A U.S. Resident?
- Credit Reports
- Emergency Housing Resources
- Fair Housing
- Spanish: VIVIENDA JUSTA Y ADAPTACIONES
- Housing Search Resources
- Landlord Responsibilities
- Spanish: RESPONSABILIDADES DEL PROPIETARIO
- Metropolitan Development and Housing Agency (MDHA)
- Nonpayment Flyer
- Reading Your Lease
- Spanish: CÓMO LEER SU CONTRATO DE ALQUILER
- Spanish: REINGRESO
- Spanish: REPARACIONES
- Tenant Responsibilities
- What Are Your Rights As A Renter
- What is a Section 8 Voucher and What Are My Responsibilities If I Receive One?
- Security Deposits
- Spanish: DEPÓSITOS DE GARANTÍA
Education and Outreach
The ERTC Program has a proactive, targeted public education campaign with the goal of increasing overall awareness and understanding of tenants’ rights in Nashville. Our Know Your Rights curriculum includes:
If you work with a Nashville nonprofit or community organization interested in these training or materials, please contact us at 833-837-HOME and leave your organization’s name and the best contact email. We will be happy to connect!