Now Hiring – Executive Assistant in Nashville
Salary: $51,562 – 57,944 per year
The Executive Assistant provides primary support to the Executive Director with additional support to the Executive team. This role will work on complex assignments and projects where independent action and a high degree of initiative is required. Works on a variety of difficult and complex secretarial and administrative duties essential to operating a major law firm. This position requires management of confidential information and the development of strong professional relationships, both within the firm and with external partners. The Executive Assistant is a member of the Executive team and as such is expected to maintain an esteemed level of professionalism. This position is funded in part by, and in collaboration with, one or more grants. Personnel must adhere to goals and outcomes detailed in the grant contract. This position is funded for the duration of the grant and subsequent renewal may result in modification of job duties and responsibilities.
Who We Are Looking For:
- Consummate professional.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Strong event planning and project management background.
- Previous experience working with a Board of Directors.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including correspondence, spreadsheets, memos, charts, tables, graphs, agendas, minutes, and power points.
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work on a fast-paced, high demand team.
- Ability to keep confidences and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals.
- Bachelor’s degree and six (6) years of increasingly responsible complex administrative experience.
- Critical thinker with strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to proactively anticipate the needs of the Executive team.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Works as a member of a team and independently. Willingness to help others and share knowledge, information, contacts, and experience.
- Great sense of humor and a commitment to the principal of equal justice and advocacy for low-income persons.
- Must have driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
For the full job description click here.
How to Apply
Email cover letter, resume, and three references (with email addresses and phone numbers) in PDF format to our Hiring Manager at email@example.com. Subject line should read: re: Executive Assistant Position.
Who We Are
Legal Aid Society’s mission is to advance, defend, and enforce the legal rights of low income and vulnerable people in order to secure for them the basic necessities of life. Our staff includes national authorities in the fields of domestic violence, housing, consumer law, federal income taxation, health advocacy, nonprofit group representation, social security, and special education.
At Legal Aid Society, We…
Demonstrate a commitment to the principles of equal justice and advocacy for low-income people. Treat clients, staff, and the public with dignity and respect. Celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Appreciate the experiences and needs of people of diverse economic, social, and cultural backgrounds. Demonstrate a personal sense of integrity.
Learn more about us at las.org
Clarksville · Columbia · Cookeville · Gallatin · Murfreesboro · Nashville · Oak Ridge · Tullahoma
Apply as soon as possible. Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee and the Cumberlands provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.