Legal Aid Society is looking for a qualified intern to join our Nashville office for a minimum of three months, with a six month commitment preferred. The Development Intern will work with the development team to maintain donor databases, identify and research potential donors, provide support for annual campaign, assist in grant writing and tracking and help in facilitating fundraising and campaign-related events.
An ideal candidate must
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be responsible, flexible, hard‐working, ethical, and committed to the mission of LAS
- Possess a high level of organizational skills and be detail oriented
- Possess solid oral and written communication skills
- Be skilled at a variety of computer skills, e.g., Microsoft Word, Word Perfect Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe, knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop, a plus.
- Be able to operate standard office equipment (fax, photocopier, etc.)
- Be able to juggle multiple tasks
- Possess an interest in a nonprofit career ‐ particularly development and fundraising
Compensation and Time Commitment
- This is an unpaid internship. There is opportunity for school credit if allowed by the college/university of applicant.
- Office hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Volunteer schedule will depend on needs of office and availability of volunteer.
- Minimum of 15 hours per week
About Legal Aid Society
Legal Aid Society has thirty-seven attorneys in eight offices in Middle and East Tennessee. Its attorneys provide low-income people expert legal assistance at all levels of state and federal court. Its staff includes national authorities in the fields of domestic violence, housing, consumer law, federal income taxation, health advocacy, nonprofit group representation, social security and special education. For more information about LAS, visit www.las.org.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, resume and writing sample to Deputy Director, Derria Ford at email@example.com, with the subject line of “Application for Development Intern.”
Apply as soon as possible.
Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee and the Cumberlands provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. 1/23/2020